Category & Product-Based ShippingPurchase on OpenCartX.com
Current Version: v302.1 (release notes)
Create shipping charges based on category, manufacturer, product, and more! This extension uses an intuitive "rules" system to easily determine when your shipping charges appear. Restrict charges based on quantity, total, weight, volume, and other criteria, then combine multiple charge groups together into a single cost displayed to the customer.
- Upload and go — modifies no core files.
- Enjoy peace of mind: all settings are automatically saved to the database when changed, and are backed up to a backup file every time the admin panel is loaded. Settings can also be manually backed up, and then downloaded to restore from later, or to edit in a spreadsheet application.
- Create charges quickly and easily using the clean admin interface and intuitive rules system. Available rule types include:
- Build rule sets to apply multiple rules to a single charge at once. Re-use the same rule set for different charges to quickly create the charges you need.
- Combine multiple charges into one final cost using simple or complex formulas. Supported functions include Sum, Max, Min, and Average.
- Group products, categories, and manufacturers together however you want to create Product Groups. These groups can then be used to determine when charges apply to products, and which products to which they apply.
- Use the included Testing Mode to determine why charges are not appearing on the front-end, helping to debug complex rule interactions.
- Adjustments: charge adjustment such as min/max/round, flat/percent adjustment to charges or cart/item criteria, cumulative bracket charge, tax classes, and more
- Cart/Item Criteria: length, width, height, quantity, stock, total, volume, weight
- Date/Time Criteria: day of the week, date, time
- Location Criteria: city, country, distance, geo zone, location comparison, postcode, zone
- Order Criteria: currency, customer group, language, store
- Product Criteria: category, manufacturer, product, or build your own group
Example: charges based on dimensional weight and postcode
- This example is based partially on the Australia Post rate table, and assumes the default weight class is kg.
- Rate #1: a flat $8.00 rate for parcels up to 0.5 kg
- Rate #2: a flat $15.95 rate for areas V1, V2, N1 & S1 for 0.5-20 kg
- Rate #3: a flat $19.95 rate for areas N2, Q1, & T1 for 0.5-20 kg
- Rates #4-5: standard table rates for area Q2, taking the higher of the weight or dimensional weight.
Example: charges based on postcode and total
- Charge £7.00 when the total of the cart is under £120, and the customer's postcode is not within AB26, AB30-AB32, or AB34.
- Give free shipping when over £120 and not within the same postcode area.
- Charge £35.00 if the customer is within AB26, AB30-AB32, or AB34.
Example: charges based on postcode and weight
- For postcodes AB1-AB23, charge £5.00 when the cart weight is 0-5kg, £10.00 for 5-10kg, £15.00 for 10-15kg, and £25.00 for 15kg or more.
- For postcodes BD12 and BD13, charge £2.00, £4.00, £6.00, and £10.00 for the same weight brackets.
- For all other postcode areas, charge £7.50, £9.50, £11.50, and £15.00 for the same weight brackets.
Example: charges based on weight and city (Australia Post)
• This example assumes your default weight class is kg.
Example: combining charges for different categories
- For cameras, charge $5.00 per item. The quantity will be based only on camera products.
- For tablets, charge based on weight ($5.00 for 0-1 lb, $10.00 for 1-3 lb, $15.00 for 3-5 lb, and $25.00 for anything over that). The weight will be based only on the tablet products in the cart.
- For all other products, charge based total ($9.99 for $0-99.99, $19.99 for $100-199.99, and $29.99 for anything over $200). The total will be based only on the non-camera and non-table products in the cart.
- Once the charges are calculated, combine them into a single charge by adding the charges together. Use a combined title, like this: Cameras ($10.00) + Tablets ($5.00) + Standard Items ($9.99).