Current Version: v2023-9-19 (release notes)
OpenCart Versions: 1.5.2.x - 4.0.2.x
Integrate your OpenCart store with Avalara, the online software for automated tax compliance. This extension connects OpenCart with Avalara's services, including using the customer's address to determine correct tax rate for their location, pulling that tax rate into OpenCart as an Order Total line item, and then submitting the order to be recorded into your Avalara transaction listings.
- Upload and go — no core file modifications are necessary. The extension utilizes vQmod for OpenCart 1.5.x, ocMod for OpenCart 2.x/3.0, and Event hooks for OpenCart 4.0.
- Take advantage of the built-in extension updater. All that's required is to enter your current license key and click "Update".
- Restrict the extension by stores, geo zones, and customer groups.
- Set your store's shipping origin address directly within the admin panel. Avalara uses this, along with the customer's precise location, to accurately determine all state and local taxes that must be paid.
- Enter a fallback tax rate for each geo zone in your installation, in case the request to Avalara fails.
- Choose whether pre-checkout pages perform API requests to Avalara, or use the fallback rate you've entered, to reduce the number of API calls to Avalara.
- Optionally enter variable Product Tax Codes for your products, using any existing product database field (e.g. Location or MPN).
- All Order Total line items that come before the Avalara Integration line item will be taxed appropriately.
- Automatically pass order information from OpenCart to Avalara when an order is processed, or manually submit previous and missed orders using the added button visible on orders in the OpenCart admin panel.
- Batch send multiple orders to Avalara through the extension admin panel.
- View a report of orders that have been sent to Avalara within the extension admin panel.
- Includes a Testing Mode so you can see all API requests to and responses from Avalara, helping to debug things when they don't look right on the front end.