Current Version: v2023-10-26 (release notes)
OpenCart Versions: 1.5.0.x - 4.0.2.x
For Additional Features: Take a look at Smart Search Pro
Improve the accuracy of the search on your OpenCart site! Smart Search will return the most relevant results by performing a search of the selected product fields in four phases: (1) products with the exact phrase, (2) products with ALL keywords, correctly spelled, (3) products with ALL keywords, possibly misspelled, (4) products with ANY keywords, possibly misspelled.
- Upload and go — no core file modifications are necessary. The extension utilizes vQmod for OpenCart 1.5.x, ocMod for OpenCart 2.x/3.0, and Event hooks for OpenCart 4.0.
- Take advantage of the built-in extension updater. All that's required is to enter your current license key and click "Update".
- 100% compatible with any custom theme.
- Choose which product fields to search within: name, description, meta tag description, meta tag keywords, tags, model, SKU, UPC, EAN, JAN, ISBN, MPN, location, category name, manufacturer name, attribute group, attribute name, attribute value, option name, and/or option value.
- Automatically display search results right from the search bar with the included Live Search functionality.
- Choose the default sorting for products: date added, date available, date modified, model, name, price, quantity in stock, rating, sort order, times purchased, or times viewed.
- Set a minimum number of results to display, so customers always have more than a few results to choose from.
- Optionally account for plurals, for misspelled words in searches (including setting the misspelling tolerance), and for searching within a category's sub-categories.
- Select how often to refresh the keyword cache and the misspelling cache: hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly.
- Make pre-search replacements on the search terms, such as replacing hyphens with spaces or commonly misspelled product names with correct ones.
- Enable a testing mode to view how long queries are taking on your site.
NOTE: This extension works with the Journal theme, but does NOT work with Journal's filters. If you need a filter extension that works with Smart Search, check out Ultimate Filters Module.