Proportional Shipping TaxesPurchase on OpenCartX.com
Current Version: v303.1 (release notes)
OpenCart Versions: 1.5.0.x - 3.0.3.x
This modification will change all shipping taxes to be calculated based on proportional percentages of the total of each tax class in the cart. This is needed by some European countries for their tax system on shipping. For example, if the cart contained $100 of items with a 20% tax rate + $50 of items with a 10% tax rate, the tax on the shipping would be calculated as 2/3 of the shipping cost at a 20% rate + 1/3 of the shipping cost at a 10% rate. If the shipping cost in this example was $30, that would result in 20% tax on $20 (so $4) + 10% tax on $10 (so $1), for a total shipping tax of $5.
- Upload and go — utilizes ocMod (or vQmod for OpenCart 1.5) so no core file modifications are necessary.
- Automatically affects all shipping methods in your installation.
- Changes the price display when retrieving shipping rates, if you've chosen in your OpenCart installation to display prices with tax.
- Adds the correct proportional amount of tax into each tax rate's line item on the order, anywhere the tax line items are displayed.
- Needs no admin panel since there are no configurable settings. The modification will start working as soon as its ocMod file is installed and activated.