Rounding Bug Fix
Current Version: v2023-6-21 (release notes)
OpenCart Versions: 1.5.0.x - 4.0.2.x
This modification fixes a rounding bug present in all OpenCart versions. The bug occurs because OpenCart stores prices internally with more than 2 decimal places. When using a non-default currency or applying tax to an order, these percentage-based price adjustments can result in rounding errors because OpenCart only rounds the final values for display (instead of the values stored internally).
- Upload and go — no core file modifications are necessary. The extension utilizes ocMod for OpenCart 2.x/3.0 and vQmod for OpenCart 1.5/4.0.
- Fixes rounding issues for product quantity discounts (i.e. those set up in the Discount tab of the product data) or Special prices with more than 2 decimals.
- Fixes rounding issues for the "Total" line item due to currency conversions or tax calculations.
- Automatically affects the cart page, cart module, and checkout pages.
- Rounded values will be stored in the database once the order is placed, so they will be accurate in the admin panel and order invoice, as well.
- The extension needs no admin panel since there are no configurable settings. The modification will start working as soon as the ocMod/vQmod file is installed and activated.